February 27, 2016

First post -why did I create this blog? // Primer post -¿por qué creéeste blog?

Hi guys, it's me!

Well, I'm new here, so I don't really know where I should start; I think it may be a good idea to start this talking a little bit about myself, so you'll know who are you reading.

As you already may know, my name is Paulina, I'm from Chile, I'm 19 years old, I'm vegan and a huge fan of Studio Ghibli! (Actually that's what you just read on my blog description, lol).

Since I was a kid that I liked to do designs and things on my nails, but it wasn't until a year and -almost- two months ago that I decided to create an Instagram profile (@paulinails_) to share my work with the world! I never, not even dreamed about that more than 20k people would follow my work, which makes me happy and proud at the same time.

Now, to the important thing: why did I create this blog?





While my boyfriend was here, in one of our endless conversations, I asked him, just wondering: "What if I create a blog and start blogging about cruelty-free polishes? I think that would be great". Considering that, as a vegan, one of my goals is to turn my polish collection 100% cruelty free. 

Sadly, many famous brands like Essie, OPI, Maybelline, Revlon, etc., do test on animals, which is completely wrong and unnecessary. Totally dissappointing.
I own a lot of polishes from brands that do test on animals, not being fully aware of what I was doing/causing by purchasing to those companies.

Thankfully I now am aware of what's going on behind those famous brands and now I've made my decision: start a 2016 cruelty free. 

What does that mean? That from now, I will no longer post pictures holding bottles of polishes that are not cruelty free. Of course I will not put all of them in the trash can (for as much as I'd like to) because I think it's not the right thing to do. I'll just wait to use them completely so I can get rid of them. The thing is to not purchase to those companies anymore. 

And that's pretty much it! I can't wait to start and share this new journey with you guys!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Love,

Paulina.

_____________________________

Hola a todos, soy yo!

Bueno, soy nueva aquí, así que realmente no sabría por dónde empezar; creo que sería una buena idea empezar hablando un poquito sobre mí así ustedes sabrán a quién están leyendo.

Como ya sabrán, mi nombre es Paulina, soy de Chile, tengo 19 años, soy vegana y una gran fan de Studio Ghibli! (En realidad, eso es lo que acaban de leer en la descripción del blog, lol). 

Desde que era pequeña que me gustaba hacer diseños y cosas en mis uñas, pero no fue hasta hace un año y -casi- dos meses atrás que decidí crear un perfil de Instagram (@paulinails_) para poder compartir mi trabajo con el mundo! Nunca, ni siquiera soñé en tener más de 20.000 personas que seguirían mi trabajo, cosa que me hace sentir feliz y orgullosa al mismo tiempo.

Ahora, a lo importante: ¿por qué creé este blog?

Mientras mi novio estaba aquí, en una de nuestras tantas interminables conversaciones, le pregunté: "¿Qué pasaría si creo un blog y empiezo a bloguear sobre esmaltes cruelty-free? Creo que sería bueno". Considerando que, como vegana, una de mis metas es convertir mi colección de esmaltes en una colección 100% libre de crueldad. 

Tristemente, muchas marcas famosas como Essie, OPI, Maybelline, Revlon, etc., sí testean en animales, lo que está completamente mal, y además, es innecesario. Totalmente decepcionante. 
Tengo muchos esmaltes de marcas que sí testean en animales, no estando consciente de lo que estaba haciendo/provocando al comprarle a estas compañías. 

Afortunadamente ahora soy consciente de lo que está pasando detrás de aquellas famosas marcas y ahora he tomado una decisión: comenzar un 2016 libre de crueldad. 

¿Qué significa eso? Que desde ahora, dejaré de subir fotos sosteniendo botellas de esmalte que no sean cruelty-free. Por supuesto que no las tiraré todas a la basura (por mucho que me gustaría) porque creo que no es lo correcto. Esperaré a usarlas por completo así puedo deshacerme de ellas. La cosa es no seguir comprando a aquellas compañías. 

¡Y eso sería todo! No puedo esperar a empezar y compartir este nuevo camino con ustedes! 
Espero que todos estén teniendo un día maravilloso!

Mucho amor, 
Paulina. 







No comments:

Post a Comment